Notes on the October 23, 2014 meeting of Presbytery.
Prince Edward Island Presbytery met on the evening of October 23, 2014, at Victoria West United Church.
Some highlights follow:
1. The meeting opened with a time of worship with the theme of hospitality.
2. A moment of silence was held in memory of Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent and Cpl. Nathan Cirillo.
3. Michelle Jay of the P.E.I. Advisory Council on the Status of Women spoke on the issue of poverty on Prince Edward Island.
4. A motion was passed that additional mileage expenses for Presbytery meetings for the remainder of the 2014 calendar year be taken out of the 2014 surplus funds.
5. A motion was passed that Presbytery continue to calculate the Pastoral Charge allocations using the five-year average figures as provided by the General Council office.
6. Roland Easter was elected, by acclamation, as Chair-Elect of Presbytery.
7. Presbytery will send a letter to Prince Edward Island reservists expressing our condolences. We were asked to remember military chaplains at this time.