Notes on the June 12, 2014 meeting of Presbytery.
Prince Edward Island Presbytery met on the evening of June 12, 2014, at St. David's United Church, Georgetown.
Some highlights follow:
1. The meeting opened with a worship of music, prayer, and word. The Rev. Keith Gale preached on the excitement of church.
2. Thanks were extended to retiring delegates and a welcome offered to new delegates.
3. The Rev. Jane Johnson facilitated a discussion on the Maritime Conference Affirming conference process. Table groups discussed affirming statements.
4. The Licensed Lay Worship Leaders were presented with their certificates.
5. Motions were passed to approve the change in pastoral relations for Jean Ward and Nigel Weaver (Cornwall Pastoral Charge, effective August 31, 2014) and for Gayle MacDonald (Spring Park Pastoral Charge, effective June 30, 2015).
6. Susan Butler-Jones was appointed United Supply to the Bedeque North Pastoral Charge for the period June 1, 2014 to November 30, 2014.
7. The re-appointments of Barbara Cairns to St. David's Georgetown, Chesley Boutilier to the Wellington Pastoral Charge, and Claudia Kitson to the Cavendish-Breadalbane Pastoral Charge were approved.
8. John Moses, the Chair of Presbytery, asked the court to think about what priorities the Presbytery should address.
9. A motion was passed to write a letter of support to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other police departments on Prince Edward Island.