Notes on the June 6, 2013 meeting of Presbytery.
Prince Edward Island Presbytery met on the evening of June 6, 2013, at Trinity United Church, Charlottetown.
Some highlights follow:
1. Delegates enjoyed a lobster or ham cold plate before the meeting.
2. Thanks were extended to retiring delegates and a welcome offered to new delegates. Members of Presbytery who had passed away in the last year were remembered.
3. The Rev. Tara Ann Wilson will be the new minister for the Bideford Pastoral Charge, beginning August 1, 2013.
4. The Rev. Ches Boutilier's appointment to serve the Wellington Pastoral Charge was renewed for another pastoral year.
5. The delegates to Youth Forum and Intermediates at Conference for 2013 were approved. Presbytery supported each delegate by providing $50 towards their registration.
6. The Licensed Lay Worship Leaders were presented with their licenses.
7. The meeting concluded with worship and the installation of the new Chair of Presbytery, the Rev. Dr. John Moses. The rock band from Memorial United provided the music for the worship service.