Notes on the April 24, 2014 meeting of Presbytery.
Prince Edward Island Presbytery met on the evening of April 24, 2014, at Bedeque United Church.
Some highlights follow:
1. The meeting opened with a worship, led by Catherine Stuart and Keith Gale, of prayer, song, and word.
2. The Comprehensive Review Committee's report, "Fishing from the Other Side", was discussed in depth. Discussions were held in small groups as well as in the whole court.
3. A motion was passed to move $450 from Miscellaneous in the budget to Christian Life and Growth - Participant Support. This was to enable Presbytery to provide $50 in support to all 59 youth from our Presbytery who have applied to Youth Forum and Intermediates at Conference.
4. The Treasurer reminded us that, unless on the installment plan, all pastoral charge allocations are due at the rise of Conference, May 22nd.
5. The treasurer reminded us that all pastoral charge allocations are due at the rise of Conference, May23rd. Allocations should be remitted before this date.
6. A motion was passed to re-license the Licensed Lay Worship Leaders.